Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Today Was A Mess

Here is a list of things that went wrong:


  1. They clean the stair cases with water and we basically had to walk through/around a small waterfall to get out the door. My shoes got soaked. 
  2. We attempted to make dinner and spilt half a bag of uncooked rice all over the (gas) stove and floor. If it's being cooked anyway we can still eat it right? Yes. Also, it took far longer than it should have to cook and when we finished the outside was overcooked, but the inside was undercooked. We ate it anyway. *A side note: the rice came out sticky. Isn't that some kind of accomplishment?? 
  3. We don't have a can opener and so had to resort to using a large knife to hack away at the can. No one was harmed in the process and I wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely necessary. 
  4. While doing dishes my roommate Christine broke a bowl. The box said 6, we started with 4, and now we have 3. 
  5. Our toilet BROKE. It already flushed when it wanted to, about once a day, and today the handle came clean off. We can't flush our toilet.
  6. The people are coming tomorrow at 8 am to fix it. We should probably be up before them and dressed. We don't have class till 1030. 
  7. My lunch bag became filled with ants suddenly this evening because I had a small chocolate bar in it. 
  8. We got assigned an essay at 930 at night, due tomorrow. *Luckily for us, this was moved to a due date of Sunday, however I had already completed it by the time I received that message. 
  9. We went to bed at 4 am, so the lack of sleep is really starting to make us delirious  But it makes us laugh at things that aren't really funny and have a good time either way. 
No matter what, I always remember that life is good and I am thankful every minute that I am here and have this opportunity. These will all be memories soon enough that I can look back at and laugh at.

1 comment: